Thursday, June 27, 2013

So Many Books, So Little Time

I've been reading a LOT over the past two weeks.  Mostly, because the kids have had a hectic school schedule and now summer break is upon us.  We are adjusting to the new schedule, as well as OB visits for me, dentist visits for the kids and other random things.  So, it's been easy to start a book and then pause it while I handle the day-to-day stuff. Writing is a bit tricky because that requires undivided attention.  LOL

Didn't want you all to think I've fallen off the planet.  I have read some AMAZING books lately.  In fact, thanks to a few email lists I am on, I grab between one to five new freebies PER DAY.  From medieval romance to thrillers and more!  Now, I just need to review them.  LOL

I don't always ask to review books, nor do I get many requests at present.  However, I just love to read, love to write and combine the two loves in to reviews that I hope will draw more readers to these wonderful authors.  I also use some of the Amazon reviews I've previously done and expand on them for my blog readers.

I don't give "star" ratings though.  I wonder though...do my readers want me to?  Leave me a comment and let me know.  I am not sure if the typical 5 stars is enough.  MOST of the books I read are 4 or 5 and I feel redundant and maybe even unrealistic if I keep giving only 4 or 5.  Is there a better rating?  Like grades between 4 and 5.  If it's only a 3, I usually don't finish it and therefore, don't even review it.  I just keep quiet about it cause I don't think I am helping the author with a rating of less than 4...I'd rather just not review it.

Anyway, would LOVE your comments, thoughts, ideas, suggestions and questions...just leave them in the comment box.  Surely, someone else will have the same thoughts as you and benefit from the feedback.

More Reviews Coming SOON!!!!

~J~

1 comment:

  1. I quite like blogs that don't rate. I don't when I do the odd review on my blog because I think people are capable of making their own judgement from what I say and also I think stars mean different things to different people. Goodreads always had 2 stars as OK whereas its 3 stars on Amazon. And to most authors, a 3 star is seen as fairly negative but to a reader, I suspect not.

    ReplyDelete